4castplus Scheduling Live Link
The 4castplus real-time integration with Microsoft Project brings seamless, One-Touch connectivity between cost and schedule. With the Project Live-Link, project managers make time and cost changes on the fly; then synchronize budget and schedule in a single click.
The 4castplus real-time integration with Microsoft Project brings seamless, One-Touch connectivity between cost and schedule. With the Project Live-Link, you can make time and cost changes on the fly; then synchronize budget and schedule in a single click. With a fully cost-loaded schedule that includes budget, actuals, work progress and earned value metrics, you’ll achieve complete project control.
In a single click:
- Sync schedule changes into 4castplus to see time-cost effects on your estimate cash-flow line. View updated forecast spend report, WIP report and resource utilization reports in 4castplus.
- Sync estimate changes from approved change orders from 4castplus into Microsoft Project
- Automatically update actual costs from the 4castplus project cost tracking systems into Microsoft Project for real-time actuals against schedule
- Auto-update forecasted Earned Value metrics from 4castplus into Microsoft Project to get a full EVM picture against schedule
- Auto-update resource assignments into Microsoft Project
It’s Project Cost Management and Project Scheduling all in One
There’s no single software solution on the market that can do an effective job of managing project schedule and project costs all in the same tool. With the new Microsoft Project Live-Link, you get the best of both worlds in a highly-connected real-time environment. You can finally eliminate the cluster of wasteful spreadsheets and the need to copy data from one place to the next. Both 4castplus and Microsoft Project can be open at the same time and you’ll see changes occur in real-time.
- You can start with a plan and schedule created in Microsoft Project and auto-create the identical project in 4castplus – complete with WBS and schedule
- Then use the powerful Estimating, Procurement and Resource Management in 4castplus to get a full time-phased project budget and quote.
- In a single click, sync back to Microsoft Project for a fully cost-loaded schedule with resourcing details
- After baseline, you can start tracking actual costs in the powerful 4castplus LEM and commitment tracking systems. Costs are aggregated to all levels of the WBS.
- Track work progressed in 4castplus
- In a single click, auto-update Microsoft Project with actual costs and work progress to keep your schedule fully in sync with real-time cost information
- Run regular forecasts in 4castplus and sync EVM metrics back to Microsoft Project. Metrics like: CV, SV, CPI, SPI, EAC, ETC, BCWS, BCWP
- Auto-update 4castplus with any schedule changes in Microsoft Project including: start date, end date, duration, new tasks and critical path
- Auto-update Microsoft Project with any estimate changes occurring through approved change orders
Making Changes on the Fly
Changes happen on projects. The 4castplus built in Change Order Management system gives you the confidence your project finances are taken care of in the face of change risk. With the Microsoft Project Live-Link, you can now synchronize the effects of those budget and resource changes into your schedule in real-time for full cost-schedule transparency during execution. And in the reverse, see schedule and plan changes updated into 4castplus.
Imagine a Schedule that’s Auto-loaded with Estimate, Actuals and EVM
4castplus provides an easy and powerful solution to run forecasts and collect all the information required for full Earned Value Management. The Live-Link enables you to auto-synchronize earned value metrics with your schedule – along with the budget and real-time actual costs that are also core to 4castplus. This gives you the power and control to run Earned Value Analysis in both 4castplus and Microsoft Project for flexible and detailed reporting.