4castplus 3i – May 11th, 2015
This release is highly focused on 3 new major features for 4castplus:
- New: Daily Jobsite LEM Capture
- New: Phase 1 of 4castplus Document Management
- New: Phase 1 of Multi-Level Approvals Workflows
These are all described in more detail below. These are all optional features that you can take advantage of if it has value for your organization. We’ll be happy to discuss them at greater length, so please contact us if you’re interested to learn more.
Multi-Level Approval Workflows
- Purchase Orders
- Jobsite LEM Captures
To enable multi-level approvals for these, you’ll find a new area in configuration called “Workflows” under Manage Codes & Fields.
For form-based workflows – such as purchase orders and change orders – you’ll be able to utilize Delegation of Authority (DOA) routing logic based on a signing threshold of user roles. In any workflow, you’ll be able to define a Direct Approval routing logic as well as a chain-of-command routing logic.
New Approvals Area
AREA: DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT
Phase 1 of Document Management in 4castplus
In this release we’ve introduced the first phase of document management which enables a much greater degree of flexibility and control around your documents.
- You can now organized documents into a Category and Class organizational hierarchy
- You can define an unlimited amount of Metadata for documents
- You will now have full control over the organization of document storage
- There is now an audit trail of who and when a document was accessed
- Documents added in any 4castplus “Drop Zone” are automatically stored in the correct location in the document repository
- You’ll be able to perform custom searches for documents both at the project level, as well as in Business Intelligence
Any documents you had stored with any project have been auto-migrated to the “General” class and category of the documents library.
AREA: CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT
Daily Jobsite LEM Capture
The new 4castplus Daily JobSight LEM tracking system provides a robust and compact suite of tracking and reporting tools designed for field entry of Labor, Equipment, Materials and much more. JobSight LEM can be found in the Timesheets area once you’re setup to utilize the tool. Please contact us if you’d like to have this enabled for your account.
The JobSight LEM is a single interface designed for ease-of-use for field personnel. It includes tracking for the following:
- Labor Expenses
- Third-Party charges – from vendor expenses that are estimates or invoices
- Units of Progress
- Daily Log for free-form entry of any category required (i.e. Safety, Site Conditions, Progress, Weather, etc.)
Once the quantities and other entries have been completed, the Site Foreman can run a pre-formatted Daily LEM report which can be printed, then signed by the client onsite. Once signed, the report can be scanned and uploaded into the Documents area of JobSight and that document will be routed to billing for invoicing backup. All of the transactions from the day will also be routed for approval and invoicing.
Well, there’s a lot More of Course
As with any release, we’ve added a number of usability enhancements and Bug Fixes as requested by clients and discovered by us. We’re committed to providing vital enterprise tools to make the management of engineering and construction projects easy and rich with powerful features.
To learn more about this software upgrade and more, please feel free to email us at email@example.com or sign up for a free live demo of 4castplus.