November 26, 2015
In addition to numerous enhancements and updates of current modules, in this November, 2015 release of 4castplus, we’ve introduced a key new feature we call “Surcharges and Discounts”. This enables contractors and EPCM organizations to configure extra charges or discounts into project billing. See more below.
AREA: Project Billing
New – Surcharges and Discounts
AREA: Construction Management
Jobsite Timesheet Updates
The following usability enhancements have been brought into the Jobsite Timesheet
Ongoing enhancements to the Jobsite Timesheet include:
- Addition of Vendor Code to the Third Party Expenses workflow for easier verification of vendor identity.
- Addition of Internal and External Comment fields into the Third Party Expenses input screen which then automatically update the tracking grid comments, and vice versa.
- Linking of Progress Quantity to Billing. The Progress workflow in the Jobsite Timesheet has now been extended to allow you to generate Billable transactions through Progress quantity recording.
- Unit Price Progress quantities recorded on the Jobsite Timesheet are now reflected in the Unit Progress Weekly Timesheet, allowing you to quickly verify the Quantity recorded to date (QTD), and ‘adjust’ the Unit Price Progress quantities.
- In addition, the Billing AR workflow now includes a Progress Billing report which can be used to back-up the invoicing of Unit Price progress entries recorded for the period.
AREA: Approvals – Invoice Matching
UPDATES to Vendor Invoice Tracking
- View all vendor invoice related transactions, in all status states regardless of their state – Submitted, Approved, In Verification, Invoiced, etc. This allows you to manage and track down vendor invoice transactions that may not yet have been made available for Invoice Verification.
- Delete a Vendor Invoice.
- One step workflow to Direct Bill transactions.
- A Vendor Transactions Report to provide you an Excel report of all vendor transactions and their states.
- A Vendor Adjustment Report that can be used as additional back-up for billing of Vendor Invoice Adjustments.
In addition to the above, the Vendor Invoice Tracking update includes a revision to how Contractor expenses are included for Invoice Verification. With the current update, all Contractor expenses are now included in Invoice Verification, regardless of the Expense reimbursement configuration.
New Data Fields
To provide for more meaningful ad-hoc reporting, new columns have been added into all Detail Reports – giving you more information about your project transactions. Check out the new columns in all Details reports. We’ll continue to add further data fields to ad-hoc reports to give you more options for interactive reporting.
The following data fields have been added into the Project and BI Detail Reports.
- Approval Status and Approval By/With
- Pass Thru Transactions
- The weekly Third Party Expenses timesheet now includes an External Comments field in the creation area, which then auto updates the Comments field in the grid, and vice versa. As well, Project Code has been added to the grid.
New Presentations and Articles
Explainer Presentation on the Relationship between Project Controls and Procurement
Check out the presentation below for a brief discussion on the importance of how Project Controls & procurement need to work together via the Control Budget. Click the bi-directional arrows icon to display the presentation in full-screen.
If you want to learn more about this software upgrade and more – and we hope you do – please feel free to email us at email@example.com. Or, if you’ve landed on this page and you’re not already a customer, here’s where you can sign up for a free live demo of 4castplus.